Different forms of errors and associated technical issues have been making the life of QuickBooks users difficult. In this descriptive blog, we shall be discussing about the QuickBooks Error 15102, an installation and update error that keeps popping up whenever you try to update or reinstall QuickBooks. While the 15xxx series of error codes can be quite annoying for users, we have come up with this blog to fix QuickBooks Error 15102. If you are facing other error codes in the 15xxx series, you should read this article all the way though to get a thorough understanding of the different causes of this error code.
Rectify QuickBooks Error 15102 through easy methods
Method 1: Enabling Single User Mode
- Before using QuickBooks in multi-user mode, make sure that every user on the network has logged out.
- Then, open QuickBooks on the computer where the payroll updates are giving you trouble.
- When you open QuickBooks, go to the File menu and choose Switch to Single User.
- Finally, try to update QuickBooks Payroll and see if this helped fix QuickBooks Error 15102.
Method 2: Change the name of the QuickBooks drive
- In this method, you have to first map your drive to a different Drive Letter.
- Then, you need to go to the mapped drive and open the Company File.
- After clicking "Help," tap on the option to Update QuickBooks.
- Choose the Options tab.
- You need to turn off the shared download in the settings tab and then turn it back on.
- Check that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- After that, click Save.
- Close the QuickBooks program when you're done.