Users of the QuickBooks Desktop application run into different form of error codes when installing or updating QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Error message 557 is an error that occurs due to insufficient space on your computer's hard drive.
In this article, we will throw light on various solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 557, besides discussing the various causes leading to this error.
Causes that contribute to QuickBooks Error 557
- This error could be caused by a QuickBooks update installation that didn't go as planned.
- A sudden shutdown of the system could also be the reason for this error.
- A virus or malware attack may have damaged important QuickBooks files.
- The error could also be caused due to the wrong settings in QuickBooks.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 557
Following are the latest methods in order to rectify the QuickBooks error message 557:
1st Solution: Deleting Entitlement file
- Press Windows + E to open Windows File Explorer, and then go to the "CrogramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8" folder.
- Use the right button on your mouse to choose the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Hit on Delete. Then, press the "Yes" button to confirm your choice.
- Open QuickBooks and turn it on by entering the product registration information when asked.
- Reinstall the payroll updates after installing the QuickBooks Desktop updates.
2nd Solution: Check QuickBooks Subscription status
- Use the login page on QuickBooks CAMP to get to your QuickBooks account.
- Go to the page where you can manage your QuickBooks and choose the thing you want to turn back on.
- Click the Payroll Subscription tab in the "Products and Services" section.
- In the blue toolbar, you can see the status of your payroll subscription.
- If your payroll service has been cancelled, click Re-subscribe and check all the information on the next screen to make sure it's correct.
- Make sure that everything in the Reactivate Subscription fields is correct.
- After making sure the billing and subscription information is correct, click Save and Continue.
- Click Reactivate to reactivate your subscription when you're done, and then click Got it.
- Restart QuickBooks and update the payroll to see if the QuickBooks error 557 has been fixed.