Having trouble opening or making changes to your QuickBooks Company files? If so, this article will help you repair the QuickBooks Company file. All of your important financial information related to the company is stored in the Company file(s). Any damage caused to it could give a major financial setback to your business. Herein, we will be going through the multitudinous procedures to repair QuickBooks Company file Issues.
Brief Description of QuickBooks Company File
In a nutshell, the QuickBooks Company file harbors all of your invaluable company-related financial records. Notably, the creation of a company file is the first process to be carried out after installing a fresh copy of QuickBooks Desktop. Certain things could go wrong with your company files. They can get damaged or broken due to several reasons. These include virus attacks, abrupt shutdown of the computer, conflicting third-party programs, including other reasons.
Ways to know if the company file is corrupted
- When errors in the balance sheet are found during an audit.
- The list of transactions might not be available.
- When a bill or invoice that hasn't been paid shows up on the balance sheet as paid;
- There is a negative balance in the transaction history.
- You are unable to open or make changes to your company file.
Major causes behind QuickBooks Company file issues
- Attacks by malware or unauthorized third-party programs could lead to company file issues.
- Internet issues or external hard drive-related problems wherein the company file is stored.
- Turning off the computer through a hard reboot (illegal shutdown).
Walkthrough to repair QuickBooks Company File
1st Walkthrough: Repairing QuickBooks company file manually
- The first thing you are required to do in QuickBooks-Pro Accountant Advisor is to check your data. First, open the data files and then sign in as the administrator. The next step is for the user to choose a mode for just one person.
- Next, go to file; click “Utilities”, and then “click Verify Data”.
- In some cases, the steps above could take a long time. But if the process takes too long, the user can move on to the next steps.
- The user has to get the data file from the server and make a copy of it on his/her own computer.
- Now, the user only needs to turn on temporary hosting on the computer. After that, he/she can open the File with an admin login.
- Choose File, then Utilities, and then Rebuild Data to move forward.
- The last steps are to copy the File, open it, and then log in as an administrator.
2nd Walkthrough: Repair QuickBooks Company files by employing various tools
- Reboot.bat File
The Reboot.bat file, which is an integral part of QuickBooks, can be used to re-register QuickBooks components. This can help to fix various technical issues in QuickBooks. This File can be found within the QuickBooks directory.
- QuickBooks Component Repair tool
This tool can be used to fix errors in QuickBooks Company files as well as Microsoft component issues.
- Scan using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
This tool is used to fix the Microsoft components that are necessary for QuickBooks to run smoothly. You can use QuickBooks diagnostic tool through the QuickBooks Tool Hub, which is downloadable from Intuit website.
- QuickBooks File Doctor can come to your rescue
The QuickBooks File Doctor is another important tool in the QuickBooks Tool Hub. This tool can help solve a number of errors affecting your company files. This utility also needs the QuickBooks Tool Hub to be set up.
In this concise article, we have discussed all the potential avenues for repairing QuickBooks Company files. If you need further help you can speak to our QuickBooks error support team at the helpline at 1-800-615-2347. Here you can connect with our experts, share your concern, and find answers to all your QuickBooks-related queries.